Monday, February 27, 2012

Spring Break

Spring Break is right around the corner. I know that everyone is looking forward to the break, but the stress of all the things that need to get done can get in the way of enjoying it. I want to encourage you to truly take the time over spring break to recharge yourself. In the language of the 7 Habits, this is Sharpen the Saw. It may be tempting to do a lot of school work over break thinking you're, "Catching up," but the truth is, you'll come back tired, bitter, and less productive if you don't take advantage of your time off to enjoy family, friends, and fun times. Taking the time to renew will allow you to came back sharp and ready to go. One of the best ways to understand this is with a question, "Have you ever been too busy driving to stop for gas?"


8 comments:

Angela Thompson said...

I agree. We as educators always want to take care of everybody. We sometimes neglect to take care of us. I plan on spending time with my family over spring break! Relaxing and enjoying a good book, going to the park, and watching my nephews play baseball will be lots of fun. I hope everyone has a great time.

Coach O said...

I really enjoy being around people however my rejuvenating time is out in the woods camping, fishing, hiking, how about canoeing or just relaxing. I do not do it enough. Possibly this spring break will be a time for that.

Stephanie Calcote said...

You know it is about now that we see our scholars really needing a break as well! I hope everyone has a relaxing and enjoyable Spring Break! Nope...running out of gas is unacceptable in a car...so, why is it we run ourselves out of energy? Great analogy Mr. Gregory!

Cynthia said...

I will definitely enjoy settling into a new home and having the time to setup and decorate patiently. I also plan on enjoying my kids company for they are very entertaining. Hopefully the weather is nice so we can enjoy a backyard picnic where I give them the opportunity to chose and make my food. It can be a little risky and I may end up eating chilli, goldfish, cereal, and tuna sandwiches all together but I love seeing their faces light up because they feel important doing something for Mom.

Donnette said...

I always get the best birthday present ever! Spring Break starts on my birthday! Although I am not looking forward to turning another year older especially this year, I am looking forward to having a nice and relaxing break!

Rachel said...

I love Spring Break! It's a time for the 3 R's - relax, refresh, and rejuvenate. Not only do the teachers need it but the kids do as well. I enjoy spending time with my family and just taking in the simple things of life. I hope everyone has a restful Spring Break!

Coyote Counselor said...

Spring breaking done correctly means you're practicing good emotional health. Go for it!

Stephanie said...

I CAN"T WAIT!! Spring Break is a great time to take time and reflect about blessings, relax with family and renew that passion we have in whatever makes us happy! Hope everyone stays healthy and enjoys their time off! Love the analogy - haven't we all done that before?