Friday, February 1, 2013

In-House Professional Learning

I appreciate our facilitators giving us an update on what they've learned from the content coordinators.  I felt like Lynn's presentation on CLOSE reading was a great way to provide more in-depth learning on something we all need to know about.  If this is a good model, I would like to continue to look at having more in-house professional learning.  If you review my Belief Statements on this blog page, you will see that I believe we have more to learn from each other than any other source. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As a Pre-K teacher I just want to say that I am so greatful for having the opportunity to sit with my team twice a month for some collaboration time! We plan mostly every Wednesday but our planning time is very short. We only have one hour to dismiss (including the ones whose parents show up late for pick up), eat our food, plan, clean up the room and prepare for the afternoon group. I am sure this extra collaboration time will result in growth for all of us.

Nancy Kozak said...

I believe that some of our best learning comes from one another. Collaboration time and WOW days are beneficial to our learning. It would be great to have the opportunity to observe one another too.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Nancy.The best teachers learn from other teachers.It is also important to actually have time to create the things you have planned.
Angela LeRoy